[30Days: days 3-5]
Wow, I’ve missed a few days but I remember all the thanks for them all. Life got busy, but that’s not the reason to forget to thank Him (even for the busyness of life).
Thanks for Day 3 (October 30)
- I was thankful it was the last day of work before the mini-vacation. There was a lot of stress, but God got me through it.
- I was thankful that I did manage to get most of my tasks done before leaving for the week because it will let me rest better.
- I was (still am) thankful for my husband, who is one of the sweetest men I know and who comforted me when I was feeling really stressed and low and near-tears. God knew whom I would need to be my life’s partner and He picked the perfect one for me. My only prayer is that I am also doing my part in being the perfect one for him. I love that man with all my heart.
Thanks for Day 4 (October 31)
That was the day of the trip and it was a long day in one sense, but quite short in other sense.
- I am thankful that our flights were on time and that we took off and landed safely (especially in the light of the news about the plane from Egypt to St. Petersburg, Russia, crashing while we were in the air ourselves.)
- I am thankful that my mom was there to meet me at the destination point and had the necessary meds for me because due to some unknown reason (could’ve been tiredness or stress or airplane food), I became really sick in the evening. The mingling and meeting everyone part was sort of ruined for me because I could barely talk, but thankfully I didn’t have any tasks to do that night, so around 8:30 or 9 PM I called it a night after spending some time “communicating with the white friend”…
- I am thankful for all the dear friends that I get to see here and catch up on so many news and stuff. I really missed many of them, with whom I’ve spent half of my life and haven’t seen for a few last years. It’s like a huge family reunion.
Thanks for Day 5 (November 1)
- Considering the weather in Kyiv is near freezing, the fact that I can walk here with just a t-shirt and jeans on is incredible. Besides that, I could swim in the sea today and it was so amazing. So I am thankful for the place I am at and I can’t stop wishing Sam was here with me. (Oh, also nature here is astounding – we’re sandwiched between mountains and the sea. What an awesome sight! God did well when creating this place.)
- The worship service this morning was super (I am running out of adjectives here, can you tell? I’m so excited and loving everything.) One of the dear friends of mine who I used to sing with back at my church a few years ago is singing here and hearing her voice is almost like time-travel. (Hugs from people you know are also great.)
- God used me as an unexpected blessing for someone today and when I found out it felt so cool! I mean, I thought I was doing what I was simply supposed to do, but later it turned out that I got there by chance and it was a perfect fit. Wow. Our God… sitting wherever He sits and grinning at us.
So that’s it for me. I do want to continue these posts and I welcome you to share what’s up in your life.